The long wait for the next Genshin Impact update is finally over – Genshin Impact 2.4 Ephemeral colors in flight is here, bringing with it the latest version of the popular gacha game.
We’re going to see more banners than ever before with three reruns of Liyue Characters and Shenhe, a new 5-star Cryo Character. There will also be a new underwater region to explore and a return of the Rite of Lanterns festival.
This is easily one of the most exciting updates we’ve seen for Genshin Impact so far – and here’s everything you need to know.
When is Genshin Impact 2.4 released?
Genshin Impact 2.4 has been released January 5, 2022, at 11:00 at server time
- January 4 at 7 p.m. PST
- January 4, 10 p.m. EST
- January 5, 03:00 GMT
Genshin Impact 2.4 Final countdown
READ MORE: Preload Genshin Impact 2.4 NOW!
Genshin Impact 2.4 Maintenance started at 6 a.m. Server time to January 5.
Server maintenance is estimated to be around five hours, with players receiving 300 Primogems for downtime.
There are more banners than ever to get excited about in Genshin Impact 2.4.
- The Transcendent returns – Shenhe 5 Star Cryo, Polearm User
- Invitation to worldly life – Xiao Anemo 5 Star, Polearm User
- Both banners will share the following 4-star characters:
- Yun Jin – 4 Star Geo, Polearm User (New Character)
- Ningguang – 4 Star Geo, Catalyst User
- Chongyun – 4 Star Cryo, Claymore User
The first weapon banner will feature the following weapons:
- Calamity Queller (Polearm)
- Primal Jade Winged Lance (Polearm)
4 stars :
- Favonius Warbow (Bow)
- The flute (sword)
- Lithic Spear (Polearm)
- Widsith (Catalyst)
- Favonius Swordfish (Claymore)
What’s new in Genshin Impact 2.4?
- New region: Enkanomiya, the underwater world of Inazuma, the place of origin of the people of Sangonomiya.
- New Herald of the Pyrotechnic Abyss
- Bathysmal vishaps
- New bosses: Rimebitter Bathysmal Vishap and Bolteater Bathysmal Vishap.
- Calamity Queller 5 Star Polearm, this spear is Shenhe’s signature weapon.
Archon Quest Interlude: Act 1 The return of the cranes on the winds
- Hangout V series: Ningguang and Yun Jin
- The return of the Lantern Rite Festival
- Free 4-Star Liyue Character (Yun Jin includes it)
- Free Ningguang outfit.
- Players will face an event boss that resembles Osial, a three-headed water hydra.
- Eight localities above mountains and seas (Kichiboushi event exit)
- The return of Wind trace, with new hide-and-seek locations.
- A study in potions – Combat Challenge using potions to improve team compositions. (Includes trial characters).
- Skins for Keqing and Ningguang are on the way, at similar prices to the outfit currently available for Jean.
- Ningguang will receive a new outfit called: Orchid Evening Dress
- Free in the Fleeting Color In Flight event
- 1650 Genesis Crystals after the Lantern Rite event ends.
- Keqing’s skin will be available in the in-game store for 1,350 Genesis Crystals, which is roughly $ 20.
- 1650 Genesis Crystals after Genshin Impact 2.4
READ MORE: Genshin Impact 2.5: Leaks, release date & all the latest news