Ubisoft is preparing to launch Season 4 of Rainbow Six Siege.
The new season of Rainbow Six Siege has a release date of November 30 for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X / S, Xbox One, and PC.
According to Ubisoft, the Season 4 Year 6 update will be available for download at 2 p.m. GMT on PC, 3 p.m. GMT on Xbox, and 4 p.m. GMT on PlayStation.
The update will come with a server downtime period, which will last approximately one hour on each platform.
With an update weighing in at around 4GB on each platform, fans should be able to download and install the patch before maintenance is complete.
Needless to say, the flagship novelty is the addition of an Irish operator named Thorn.
“Thorn, an inspiring leader of the National Police Service of the Republic of Ireland is ready to trap the attacking team,” the official description reads.
“She’s always ready to deploy the Razorbloom Shell, a special gadget that unleashes a timed explosion when triggered.
“You can play as Thorn on the new reworked Outback map and prevent attackers from defusing the objective!” “
Speaking of maps, Ubisoft has reworked the location of the Outback for the start of the new season.
According to the patch notes, Outback has been changed to improve balance and player comfort.
“The main building and its exterior have been altered to allow attackers to create and execute more effective strategies,” explains Ubisoft.
“Additionally, new resilient exterior walls have been added to the building, and some areas have been renovated and cleaned to remove waste and provide better sight lines and better balance.”
Additional changes and all remaining Rainbow Six Siege patch notes can be seen below.
ADJUSTMENTS AND IMPROVEMENTS
• First victory bonus of the day
– Earn additional Battle Pass Points when you win any PVP Playlist game within 24 hours of the first game played.
– The time starts with the first game played and resets every day.
• Updated battle point booster
– Boosters now offer a 30% bonus for you, a 10% bonus for your teammates and a 30% bonus for a team with at least 3 active Boosters.
– The bonus can be accumulated up to 100% bonus points.
DSEG – Disabled state for electronic gadgets
• Creation of more consistent rating and warning messages.
• Operators’ access to observation tools while being affected by DSEG has been standardized. Previously, access was only blocked for attackers, and now it is blocked for defenders.
• The cooldown of the unique abilities of Iana, Finka, Lion, Dokkaebi and Warden is now suspended when affected by DSEG.
• Jackal’s Eyenox automatically deactivates when affected by DSEG
• Dokkaebi’s Logic Bomb ability can be interrupted by DSEG while casting.
• Attackers affected by the disabled state will no longer receive Finka’s adrenaline boost.
Testing Ground Reading List (TS)
• No squad MMR restrictions.
• Join in progress activated.
• No starting penalty.
• Pro League card pool and New / Reworked card with a higher chance of spawning.
• No card ban.
• Operator prohibition activated. New and reworked operators cannot be banned.
• Mixture of unranked and quick match settings (3 rounds of role swaps and one overtime round).
• Changes made to the user interface to make it more reliable.
Automatic operator selection
• During AFK during the planning phase, the selected operator will be based on the player’s personal statistics.
• This does not affect the behavior of the Random button.
• Live notification added when there is a match in progress.
• New visuals for Alpha packs.
• The behavior of Siege Esports Packs has been adjusted so that instead of duplicates, it gives Battle Pass points.
Change firing mode
• Switch Fire Mode has been removed for weapons, but the feature (now called Switch Ability Mode) has been retained for operators who have unique abilities with different modes (Ex. Zofia, Capitao).
• New Privacy tab in the Options menu.
• The Prevent Queue Sniping options have been moved to this new section.
• The options are: Hidden Matchmaking Delay and Hide Region and Latency.
• Added Outback card and removed Border card from Newcomer playlist.
• Added the Outback map to Ranked / Uncategorized.
• Added playlist presets when creating a custom game.